To improve conditions for Veterans and their families in San Diego County by:
Communicating Veterans’ Information and Requirements and Requests
Pronouncing Veterans issues regionally, in California, and nationally
Linking with prominent civic entities to gain support for the Veterans’ agenda
Leading action to effect change in support of Veterans and their families.
Our Core Strategies in pursuit of our Mission are focused on these Priorities:
Veterans Employment. Veterans to have access and preference for rewarding jobs.
Veterans Housing & Shelter. Veterans to be housed or sheltered; not homeless.
Veterans Enrollment for Services. Veterans all to be enrolled with the U. S. and California Veterans Departments for receipt of all benefits.
- To improve support to transitioning service men and women by helping to facilitate attaining worthwhile education and meaningful full employment
- To increase engagement by community leaders and corporate leaders in educational and employment programs and opportunities for Veterans and their families.
- To encourage legislators at all levels to improve employment and educational programs and opportunities for veterans and their family members.
- To inform Veterans, family members, and all County citizens about the symptoms of and treatment opportunities for victims of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- To mobilize Veterans and coordinate their efforts in support of Veterans’ issues and causes.
- To support fund raising efforts in support of selected local Veterans’ issues and causes, including Veterans Stand Down, Veterans Day Parade, and Veterans Seminars and Resource & Job Fairs.